This week I’m sharing my top tips for building your business brand. If you are just starting out or looking to rebrand, these tips will help you to build a brand that is consistent and professional to all those ideal clients you are going to attract!
1. Get specific on everything
Brand purpose is about the Why, the What, and the How. You need to get down to the nitty gritty and think about the following:
- Your brand mission
- Your values — Think of words that describe how you want your clients to view you.
- Your Why — Why do you do what you do? What drives you and gives you the passion to continue?
- Your deliverables — What are you delivering to your ideal client? What does your ideal client look like, and what do they need from you? What benefits are you giving them?
Always remember: it’s good to specialize and create a niche for yourself. This will help position you as an expert in your field.
2. Do visual research
This part is fun.
- Explore and visualize your brand ideas. Test out creative routes until you can whittle down your ideas to a single vision.
- Decide on a color scheme. If you already have a color scheme, that’s great. If not, try to work on what really appeals to you, and then add in fonts, themes, your logo. A Pinterest or mood board often helps to pull ideas together. Collect swatches of fabrics, colors, images that shout out to you. Do whatever you need to create a visual of your vision.
When looking at the bigger picture, you will be well equipped from here to pull all of your ideas and visuals together.
3. Be Consistent
Once you have nailed your brand identity and you are happy with the overall feel, it is important to make sure that your brand presence, both on and offline, remains consistent.
Maintain the same feeling, colors, key words, and fonts. If all of your in-person meetings, videos, live streams, and social media posts remain consistent, you will soon see your brand being recognized.
Across social media, use the same bio, graphics, and photo to help your clients easily identify you. Show up regularly and consistently on social media, with emails, and in person. Doing this will keep you fresh in their minds.
4. Attraction marketing
Create or share material that gives value to your clients, is interesting, and is useful. Find websites or newsletters that you can contribute to. This not only helps spread the word about your business but also shows you as an expert in your field.
Regular posts on social media, articles on your website, and brand imagery will also strengthen your brand. These don’t have to be long articles — just small snippets of information will help build your brand presence.
Repurpose your content, sharing it across different platforms. Never be afraid to show your personality as people want to see the real you.
Go live on social media. Live posts will definitely be seen by a larger audience.
Networking is crucial to growing your brand. Research the best networking groups for your audience and take time to get to know them. Never aim to sell to someone immediately; take time to build a relationship with them. The more you connect with people in an authentic way, the more quickly they will recommend you to others.
Photos courtesy of Jo Ames
I’m Jo, an international photographer, working in Europe and the USA, with over 12 years of experience. I have always been passionate about photography, since the age of 5 when I picked up a camera to capture an amazing sunset. I moved to Cornelius 6 years ago and I’m loving life here. I love to empower my clients by freeing up their time and creating more confidence in themselves through the creation of on-brand, tailored images that truly represent their brand. “I’m all about You.”
The views, thoughts and opinions expressed by our writers belong solely to them
and do not represent LKNConnect.com, its publisher or its staff.