History of the Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie
From the October 1, 1981 issue of the Washington Post
If reading about these delicious cookies is making you hungry, here is the current recipe from the Nestle’s Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels Package.
Ingredients from the Nestle’s Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels Package:
2 ¼ Cups All-Purpose Flour
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Salt
1 Cup (2 sticks) Butter
¾ Cup Granulated Sugar
¾ Cup Packed Brown Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Large Eggs
2 Cups (12 oz package) Nestle’s Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 Cup Chopped Nuts*
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
We would love to include your favorite recipe.
Email the following to our Managing Editor, Hanna Schoenrock:
- The recipe, instructions, and any hints about how you make it
- Two horizontal photos (or more if you’d like to do a step-by-step) of the completed dish
- A short introduction (any of the following)
- Where you found the recipe (especially if it is from a cookbook)
- Why it’s a family favorite
- Is it quick and easy to make?
- Does it use a special or “secret” ingredient?
See all of our published recipes. LKNConnect’s 2021 Cookbook.
The views, thoughts and opinions expressed by our writers belong solely to them
and do not represent LKNConnect.com, its publisher or its staff.